Ph.D. position in image-based FSI and machine learning
A new Ph.D. position (fall 2020 and spring/fall 2021) is available in the department of biomedical engineering at UMass Lowell, for research and development of (medical) image-based fluid-structure interaction modeling with machine learning to advance the frontiers of personalized medicine (involving surgery, intervention, and medical devices). the pi's current research thrusts can be found in the following links: researchgate or googlescholar.
• a bachelor or equivalent degree in engineering (mechanical, biomedical, and aerospace), applied mathematics, or related fields. applicants with a master’s degree are preferred.
• solid understanding of numerical methods, fluid dynamics, and solid mechanics. applicants with previous experience in biomechanics (biofluid and/or biosolid mechanics) are preferred.
• excellent programming and analytical skills.
The graduate research assistantship includes a monthly stipend and tuition.
Interested students should send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org with a“Ph.D. Application” in the subject line.
• curriculum vitae
• personal statement (including, research interests)
• contact information for three references